Mysterium Network has been hard at work building a decentralised VPN. To date, we have maintained an incentivised test network of residential IPs for over a year. Our next step, peer to peer payments – which come with Mysterium Mainnet.
Mysterium Network began our token migration as part of our wider move to MainNet. To date, we have migrated about 15 million legacy tokens.
As we approach Mainnet, we would like to encourage our core community to migrate legacy MYST tokens. To help this initiative along, we are launching an airdrop between the 18 & 25 November 2020!
We are launching an airdrop between the 18 & 25 November 2020!
Why an airdrop?
We plan to compensate MYST token holders for the high Ethereum transaction fees they might incur during the token migration process.
To reiterate terms of our token migration:
- This a 1:1 token migrations
- No new tokens will be created
Want to get 10 MYST airdropped into your wallet?
- Migrate your tokens from your old addresses to a new one from 00:00 between the 18 & 25 November 2020
- Regardless of the number of tokens that you own, we will compensate you 10 MYST (One user gets 10 MYST).
- Multiple applications from one participant, as well as other actions that can be qualified as fraud, will result in disqualification from this airdrop. Simply put, no MYST if you try to game the system.
- MYST tokens will be distributed to new token addresses between 26 November and 2 December 2020.
As you can clearly see, the nature of the service we are offering and the emerging markets that we are a natural ally to, make Ethereum’s current transaction fees a lock out when onboarding new customers.
As such, like many other Ethereum-based projects, Mysterium Network has had to reroute our roadmap in search of scalability solutions to give our users the cheapest and fastest service possible, while maintaining decentralized and noncustodial architecture.
In the following sections, we will review existing Layer 2 solutions in relation to Mysterium Network’s use case, explaining how they offer both opportunities and limitations.
How can I get support migrating my legacy MYST tokens?
We have an easy to follow token migration guide to get you started, otherwise jump into our and speak directly with our core community and team.
How can I get support on this airdrop?
If you have any issues with the airdrop after successfully completing all terms of requirements, please, write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.